The Kidde i9060 is a battery operated, single stationsmoke alarm. This unit provides a level of protection that you have come to expect in a Kidde product. The Kidde i9060 is designed to alert you and your family to the dangers of smoke and fire. This smoke alarm features an ionization sensor that protects best against fast flaming and other types of fires. The i9060 is powered by a 9V battery and offers a Hush® feature that temporarily silences nuisance alarms.
The Kidde i9060 battery operated, single station smoke alarm provides an early warning signal to you and your family in the event of a smoke or fire incident. The i9060 operates on a 9V battery power source that provides continuous protection even during a power outage. Installation is simple with the Twist-Off Mounting Plate and requires no wiring. The i9060 includes a Tamper Resist Locking Pin that helps deter battery and alarm theft and a Hush® control feature that will temporarily silence nuisance alarms. This feature is useful in the kitchen area or other areas prone to nuisance alarms.
This alarm uses ionization sensing technology. Ionization sensing alarms may detect invisible fire particles (associated with flaming fires) sooner than photoelectric alarms. Photoelectric sensing alarms may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms. Kidde strongly recommends that both ionization and photoelectric smoke alarms be installed to help insure maximum detection of the various types of fire that can occur within the home.
Part Number(Ordering Number):0916
- Safety Light – Super-bright LEDs provide lighted escape path.
- Sealed-In Lithium Battery – Sealed-in lithium power supply;no battery replacement required over the 10 year life of the alarm. Eliminates worry about battery removal or unauthorized deactivation of alarm.
- Photoelectric Sensor – Advanced photoelectric sensor may detect visible particles (associated with smoldering fires) sooner than ionization alarms.
- Self Activation – Alarm automatically activates when attached to the mounting bracket.
- Alarm Memory – Rapidly flashing LED alerts user if the alarm has sounded since the last time the test/reset button was used.
- Test/Hush Button – Tests alarm circuitry and activates Hush features.
- Smart HushTM – Temporarily silences nuisance alarms for approximately 10 minutes and will not allow hush mode unless the unit is in alarm mode.
- LED – Red LED will blink in conjunction with the alarm sound.
- End of Life Warning – Alarm chirps every 30 seconds to indicate the unit is in need of replacement.
- End of Life Hush® – End of life indication can be silenced three days at a time up to 30 days to allow for alarm replacement at a more convenient time.
- UL Listed
- 10 Year Limited Warranty
|Power Source:||9V Battery (included)|
|Audio Alarm:||85dB at 10ft|
|Temperature Range:||40˚F (4.4˚C) to 100˚F (37.8˚C)|
|Humidity Range:||up to 85% relative humidity (RH)|
|Size:||5” in diameter x 1.5” depth|
|LED:||Red, normal operation|
|Warranty:||10 year limited|
Architectural and Engineering Specifications
The smoke alarm shall be Kidde Unit Number i9060 or approved equal. It shall be powered by a 9V battery. The unit shall incorporate an ionization smoke sensor with nominal sensitivity of 0.64-1.35%/ft. The temperature operating range shall be between 40°F and 100°F (4°C and 38°C) and the humidity operating range shall be upt to 85% relative humidity. The alarm can be installed on the surface of any wall or ceiling following the UL/NFPA/Manufacturer’s recommended placement guidelines. The unit shall provide optional tamper resistance that deters removal of the unit from the wall or ceiling. The alarm shall include a test button that will electronically simulate the presence of smoke and cause the unit to go into alarm. This sequence tests the unit’s electronics, battery and horn to ensure proper operation. The unit shall include a piezoelectric horn that is rated at 85 decibels at 10 feet. In a smoke incident, the horn will sound in the repetitive manner – three (3) beeps, a pause, three (3) beeps, a pause. The unit shall include the Hush® feature that silences the unit. By pressing the Hush® button, it will desensitize the unit for approximately 7 minutes if a nuisance condition occurs. The alarm will chirp every 30-40 seconds during this time and will automatically reset after approximately 7 minutes and sound the alarm if particles of combustion are still present. The Hush® feature shall be overridden and the unit will alarm if the smoke is too dense. The unit shall also include a low battery warning utilizing a brief alarm chirp every 30-40 seconds for a minimum of seven (7) days. The alarm will utilize a red LED that shall flash once every 30-40 seconds to indicate the alarm is receiving power.